- Can I afford to keep all of my employees?
- How do I retain & retrain my key people?
- How long will I remain solvent if I don’t address my payroll costs?
- Will stimulus packages do enough for me post COVID?
- What do my workforce practices, staff numbers & skill sets, now need to be?
Beyond the present priorities, Business Managers also need to think ahead and navigate the necessary decisions to best place their business to succeed in COVID Normal. For most, wage costs are the greatest expenditure in business and many now feel the pressure to address this by reducing employee headcount, work hours or changing work practices to a streamline service delivery with lower wage costs. The correct process is key to avoid workplace disputes or post-termination employment-related claims including unfair dismissals, orders to repay wages and penalties. Questions to ask during this period include: